General Description: This position is responsible for performing the duties of a Software Application Developer. This role includes the programming of Applications used in the delivery of E/NG9-1-1 requests for service in converged multi-media environments and the supporting applications thereof.
As a full-stack department the selected candidate and other developers within INdigital’s product team needs to be capable of participating with the whole development life cycle for Applications, i.e. just short of FOA/QA (First Office Application and Quality Assurance) testing. This includes proficiency in the latest generation revisioning control, containerization and life cycle models like CI/CD. On the job training and guidance will be provided for the finer details around INdigital’s use of development tools and models, however the selected candidate will be expected to already be familiar with and not hesitant to embrace these full-stack primitives as part of their daily routine.
The selected candidate will be expected to develop for both Windows and Linux environments; often and when needed pre-built or company managed development and test environments will be provided. However, the selected candidate must be comfortable creating software in both environments along with the needed OS level expertise to demonstrate and maintain it.
This position may require limited travel to and from our “other” general office(s), with rare travel to customer locations, workshops and conferences, etc., (as required/needed). The Software Developer position will require the selected candidate to become proficient with the tools and systems INdigital’s Software Development Team utilizes to perform application development and code level support.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Duties, Responsibilities and Activities:
- Work within the Development Team to support and build INdigital’s Software Applications.
- Work with the Operations Team to help them define and implement automated software installs, production deployments, and software infrastructure needs as related to the assigned applications.
- Develop software under Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with CI/CD and Code-level Testing of critical production software
- Follow and exemplify company policies and foster a collaborative team atmosphere
- Willing to learn about new products, processes and workflows as new products are introduced
- Working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for many of our applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Other such duties that may be required and/or assigned by Management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with JIRA ticketing and wiki systems is a plus
- Familiar with communication applications software development
- Ability to pay significant attention to detail is a must
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, required
- Ability to think both strategically and execute against day-to-day objectives
- A foundation in telecommunications in a business environment is a plus
- Cooperative work within multifunctional departments, managers, and/or business partners (internal/external)
- A sense of urgency and the ability to manage time sensitive matters
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team
- Must be able to communicate with and/or disseminate information and details to employee and/or groups as required in the course of your duties and responsibilities
- Has a clear understanding of the development life cycle
- Maintain code integrity, documentation and organization of projects
- Development experience with WebRTC signaling or real-time protocols such as SIP and RTP, preferred
- Familiar with software revision control and repository tools such as Git or SVN, required.
- Familiar with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Deployment) processes, required.
- Familiarity with database languages such as SQL (MySQL) and No-SQL (Redis), required.
- Development experience/knowledge of back-end languages such as Go/Golang, C/C++, C#, Python or Java, preferred
- Development experience/knowledge with cloud providers such as Google Cloud and/or AWS, preferred.
- WebSocket protocol application development experience, preferred
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- In prescheduled cases be available by phone or other communications device(s), on an as needed basis. This is not an on-call position, but occasionally depending on the project assigned it may be helpful to shift working hours for a scheduled event. i.e. when supporting a cut or similar software upgrade operation performed in a maintenance window.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Be prepared to complete any assigned task as required by your supervisor and in accordance with the satisfactory completion of all job duties and responsibilities
- INdigital is a 100% certified drug and substance free workplace, participation and compliance with the Company’s Drug Testing policy is mandatory
- 3-5 years of development experience with:
o Front-end frameworks such as Angular2+ and Electron.
o Middleware and/or Back-end development using NodeJS
o RESTful API development for client and/or server
Education & Certification Requirements:
- 3-5 years equivalent IT/development experience, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, BSIT, or other associated fields, preferred
To perform the functions and responsibilities associated with the Software Developer position successfully, the selected candidate must be willing and able to perform each essential duty and/or responsibility with a satisfactory level of proficiency.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The details provided are representative, but do not provide an all-inclusive list of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
INdigital and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Hiring and employment is contingent on eligibility to legally work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction