Stolle Machinery Company, LLC is seeking motivated individuals to join a world-class manufacturer of two-piece can machinery and high speed equipment. Stolle offers innovation and sense of purpose by allowing employees to be creative within a team oriented environment. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, PPE reimbursement, 401k, company paid LTD/STD, company paid life and AD&D insurance, paid holidays and more! Stolle is currently seeking Manufacturing Engineers to join the organization. We are looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May oversee technicians and programmers
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following:
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, programmers, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- OEM/AM Orders; Clarify process, investigate tolerances and missing dimensions, understand EDL; identify common parts from address constant flow of updates and change requests as required, BOM development, consult with Stolle – Engineering Staff at other locations and integrate other engineering functions.
- Understand detail drawings of components using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and/or other engineering software. Attend and participate in engineering/customer/supplier meetings and execute drawing/document revisions.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Vendor/Supplier Interface; Component creation/selection, hold supplier accountable to materials selection, act as a consultant on vendor selection, provide comparative evaluation for vendor/supplier selection.
- Maintain project related documents, records and files initiate/create files, archive retrieval, provide literal translations. Document daily as needed and required for continuous process improvement.
- Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates collaboratively.
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- Associate degree in mechanical engineering or related and 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination.
- Extensive knowledge of fixture design, tool and die experience, surface grinding, turning, milling, precision grinding techniques, geometric tolerancing, speeds and feeds.
- Aerospace, Can Tooling, Medical in a machine shop environment with tolerances of .0001”.
- Proven Process Improvement Techniques — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to draw using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software.
- “Mark up” prints and drawings to create manufacturing prints
- Ability to produce programs utilizing a CAM system
o Mastercam experience preferred
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Prior experience as a Machinist or CNC programmer a plus
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- The ability to see details at close range (Use of monitor/personal computer).
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense, i.e. critical thinking skills.
- Work schedule generally consists of 50 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Stolle Machinery Co, LLC retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Additionally, Stolle Machinery Co, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.