Requisition Number: R0040291
Posting Date: October 29, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Title: Deputy Program Manager
Employee Type: Regular/Full-time/Salaried/Exempt
Location: ATMO – Huntsville, AL - PAX
Relocation Available: Yes will be considered
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- Acts as the overall contractor deputy program manager and administrator for the contract effort. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with government’s Atlantic Target Marine Operations (ATMO) program authorities and representatives on program and contract administration issues. Develop management procedures and controls, planning and directing project execution, and monitoring and reporting progress.
- Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
- Oversee the status of all ongoing maintenance and engineering projects, providing status to leadership
- Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams.
- Advise ATMO’s DMA PM with network operations and maintenance activities being performed based on industry best practices and DOD guidance.
- Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- Support of the Network, IP and related security services issues, resolve complex system and network issues and outages when needed.
- Keep all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and current
- Keep abreast of technology innovations, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the organization is aware and educated on new technologies
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions
- Candidate must have a minimum of ten years’ experience managing developments, testing, and operations related to complex technical programs in the following areas:
- Implementing and running enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
- Introducing new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services
- Providing networking domain expertise to other teams
- Acting as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and directing IT resources as required
- Candidate must have experience in managing all program related tasks to include finance, contracts, and administration.
- Candidate must be able to perform the following areas:
- Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritizing work
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be able to show knowledge within the following areas:
- Microsoft Server platforms, Windows Server 2008+, Active Directory, Group Policies, VMWare, Exchange Server, IIS, SQL Server.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Virtual Machine Manager.
- Understanding of Internet Protocols, firewalls, static IP addressing schemes, and DNS.
- Candidate having technical experience in the following technologies preferred:
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless AP and Controllers, IOS, NXOS, Load balancers, WAN accelerators, Content filters
- Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS, URL filtering
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering
- Knowledge of QoS
- Knowledge of Voice and Video over IP
- Knowledge of Multicast
- Knowledge of Network Management
- IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of WLAN authentication, security and network management
- Crafting and deploying network solutions in enterprises environments
- Deploying SNMP based monitoring solutions
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening and possess a valid driver’s license.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or other technical fields or equivalent experience plus 3-5+ years’ experience in a network manager or engineering position.
Ability to obtain a US DOD Secret Security clearance, and ability to maintain clearance throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions will vary. This position would work with a diverse group of technicians and engineers in in the operations and maintenance of the MDA Assets. Most work performed Huntsville,AL. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a marine environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards
Job Type: Full-time
- managing developments, testing: 10 years (Required)
- Huntsville, AL (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply