Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouses, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to get these products into new and appreciative hands.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers build our amazing products. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and position ourselves to continue using the best technologies for the job.
We especially focus on continuous delivery and continuous learning. For delivery, we have short iterations and regular demos. We CI and deploy constantly. For learning we do lots of things -- from weekly brown-bag lunches to hosting meetups and going to conferences. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
The Quality Assurance team's mission is to ensure Optoro is delivering the highest quality applications to its clients and customers every day. Daily operations involve automated and manual testing of BLINQ, BULQ and OptiTurn as well as other related applications. We act as vital parts of our our cross-functional teams to refine requirements into testable scenarios and make sure our software delivers value to our clients and customers alike.
The Quality Engineer's responsibility is to ensure Optoro's applications are bug-free and ready for prime time. Finding all the ways to break our systems and automate continuous destruction is the Quality Engineer's bread and butter
- Perform QA on efforts ranging from minor fixes to full new features
- Write, execute and report progress of planned test cases
- Manage bugs in JIRA, including the identification, logging, tracking and triaging
- Ensure all software deployed meets requirements and is bug-free
- Work with developers and DevOps to implement test automation
- 2+ years in Software Quality Assurance
- 1+ years testing web applications
- Experience with a variety of QA tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Knowledge of automation tools like RSpec and Cucumber
- Experience with Agile, Ruby and gherkin
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field from a 4 year college (or equivalent)
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.