Valor Hospitality is a leading hotel management company that is a trend setter in the hospitality market. The company is recognized by owners, investors, developers, and guests as an innovative partner to drive revenue and increase profits.
Unpack and stay a while at Crowne Plaza Greenbelt, MD. While our hotel is near College Park it boasts a convenient location close to Xfinity Center, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center and University of Maryland and we offer comfort and convenience after an adventurous day.
Guest Services Agents perform all desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in and out, making room reservations, giving recommendations, and providing directions. Smile and greet guests in a welcoming manner, as the first point of contact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Handle guest registration, room assignments, provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest, accommodate special requests whenever possible, and collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
- Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, type of payment, rate, and market segment.
- Pre-register, block reservations and take same day reservations and when necessary future reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies.
- Manage guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies; verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
- Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Resolve guest complaints; assist guests with all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety boxes, etc.
- Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers. Cancel room reservations according to procedures. Walk customers in a professional and courteous manner according to procedures.
- Function as a liaison between Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department in coordinating rooms.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent experience
Experience: 1- 3 years of employment in a related position guest relation position with this company or other organizations.
Skills and Abilities: Requires having excellent computer and cash handling skills, ability to stand for extended periods of time; present a sociable, outgoing, lively and guest service-oriented demeanor. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place