Engineer will be responsible for designing and documenting both prototype and production fixtures to support for the CNC machining and non-machining areas (welding, cleaning, assembly, etc). Identifying and implementing process and ergonomic improvements to improve operator safety, product quality, product cost, capacity and throughput. Investigate applications for new technology to meet long term production goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the design and documentation of all types of fixtures throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Planning and other cross-functional departments.
- Investigate new methods of manufacturing or technology to improve current processes, increase capacity and throughput.
- Coordinate the installation, debugging and setup of new fixturing.
- Maintain current files of engineering specifications for applicable fixtures & processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering, or 5+ years’ related experience
- Excellent problem solving, technical, written and oral communication and customer service skills. • Proficient in Microsoft office software preferred.
- 3D CAD experience required (SolidWorks preffered).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to provide accurate, timely work.
- Commitment to quality, customer focused mindset both internally and externally.
- Must be entrepreneurial, assertive, and diligent.
- Team player and active participant in project teams.
Talon Innovations provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Talon Innovations will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Talon Innovations is an ITAR-compliant operation. Due to ITAR regulations, Talon Innovations is only able to employ US Persons. A US person is a lawful permanent resident (immigrant with “green card” permanent authorization to work document) or who is a protected individual (a citizen, a national, a refugee, or a person granted asylum). Individuals with temporary visas are not eligible for hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location