- Bachelor's degree, or relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing a technical support team
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where we can find and discover anything we want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which one can relentlessly improve the customer experience. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
AWS IT Services Support team provides highly-available IT support for Amazon employees worldwide. We provide support for all used client applications, operating systems, email, VPN, mobile devices, and common collaboration services such as SharePoint and Exchange. Our customers may engage us via phone, chat, in person, or trouble ticketing.
You will manage local and/or remote resources and assist the global organization to define the perfect customer experience and own the strategies to create that experience. You will help the group develop and leverage their knowledge base to expedite the resolution of recurrent issues. You will identify ways to proactively reduce requests through automation, documentation, and process improvement. You will set high standards for issue handling, escalation and problem management across the organization and guide the team with metrics and goals that clearly measure their success.
You will work alongside a group of leaders to define the priorities and track the metrics and key performance indicators within the organization as a whole. You will hold service owners accountable to resolve issues on behalf of your customers.
- Leading a team of Support Engineers. Recognizing inefficiency and driving process improvement to enhance the productivity of all Amazonian's.
- Measuring, monitoring, and maintaining the team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Coordinating a variety of projects in an operational environment.
- Written and verbal communication with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Working with engineering teams to plan for the support of new tools and services and improving the level of support provided for existing ones.
- Developing and maintaining policies, procedures, and processes.
- Hiring, developing, and retaining great talent.
- Reducing contacts through process improvement and root cause analysis.
- Responding to inquiries, escalations, and establishing partnerships with key customers and service owners.
- An understanding of enterprise IT systems such as Exchange and Active Directory, as well as exposure to a wide variety of technical products and issues
- Experience and/or qualification relating to but not limited to: Linux, Cisco, ITIL, and Microsoft
- Technical troubleshooting and strong analytical skills
- Established time and project management skills with the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in ITIL Framework
- Proven ability to operate in an extreme high pressure dynamic fast paced situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Experience in making data-driven decisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us