Full Stack Developer position
Every day, pharmaceutical and biotech companies are working to develop new medications and medical devices. To do this, potential new treatments must be evaluated to learn if they’re safe and effective. That’s where we come in.
We’re QD Solutions, a growing, 20+ year-old advertising agency based in Austin, TX. Our exclusive focus is in the creation of ad campaigns that help find and recruit patients into medical research studies.
We develop campaigns for a broad range of conditions and diseases, including cancer, asthma, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes. Our collateral, traditional media, and digital creative is utilized in more than 70 languages by pharmaceutical, biotech and drug research companies around the world.
Within the industry we serve, we’re known for our strong creative and ability to connect with both patients and medical professionals. And with a growing volume of work, we need more help developing digital tools and applications that provide information to interested patients in an engaging manner, assist medical staff who are managing the studies, or enable patients to determine whether they are a good fit for a given study that addresses their medical condition. That’s why we’re looking for a full stack developer.
In this position, you will:
- Develop front end website architecture
- Design user interactions on web pages
- Develop back end website applications
- Create servers and databases for functionality
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Ensure responsiveness of applications
- Work alongside graphic designers and art directors for web design features
- See projects from conception to finished product
- Design and develop APIs
- Edit and support existing applications and digital tools
- Manage our relationship with AWS and our managed hosting provider
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Computer Science
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Apache, Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Expertise in Python and .Net frameworks such as Django and ASP.NET
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
In addition, candidates should be:
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while managing tight deadlines
- Able to quickly understand and support/troubleshoot existing applications
- Willing to work as a team player
- Able to work independently
- A self-starter
- Fun and outgoing!
Pharmaceutical or healthcare experience is a plus.
Dependent on skillset and experience.
In addition to paid vacation and sick time, our employee benefits package includes 100% company-paid PPO medical and dental insurance. There’s also a retirement program option that includes company contribution-matching. QD is a tight family, so there’s lots of staff functions, an award-winning bar trivia team, and a stocked kitchen that may or may not also include adult-beverages.
This position is located in Austin, Texas. Because we value culture and the power of creative collaboration (plus our patio view of downtown Austin doesn’t suck), we currently have a flexible work-from-home schedule of two days a week in the Austin office, and three days a week from home.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Python: 5 years (Required)
- React: 4 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19