Hypernetics is a tier two aerospace component manufacture located in Arnprior, 30 minutes west of Ottawa. Hypernetics provides custom engineered electromagnetic devices to the aerospace industry.
Hypernetics is recruiting for a well-rounded Engineer-In-Training (EIT) to join our engineering team.
The engineering team’s focus is on the design and development of new products and manufacturing processes. In addition to this, the engineering team provides ongoing engineering support to the quality, production, and purchasing departments. The Engineer-In-Training will have a diverse set of responsibilities that will touch all aspects of the aerospace manufacturing environment.
The Engineer-In-Training will be assigned responsibilities and tasks in support of the following activities:
- Mechanical and electrical design of new products to meet customer requirements
- Stress, thermal, reliability, and performance analysis and generation of analysis reports
- Generation of engineering drawings and 3D models
- Development and execution of new product qualification test programs
- Development of proposals and estimates for new projects
- Management of engineering projects including schedule, cost, and risk management
- Research and development of new technologies
- Development and maintenance of manufacturing processes
- Quality engineering support including material non-conformance, corrective action reviews, and inspection techniques
- Vendor selection and ongoing support.
- Continuous improvement of internal company processes and procedures
- Communication with customers regarding new engineering projects and sustaining engineering activities
The successful candidate will have a balanced interest in both the technical and management aspects of engineering and will be a self-motivated independent worker with strong self-management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or aerospace engineering
- 1-4 years of experience in a design or manufacturing environment (co-op included)
- Experience within the aerospace industry will be considered an asset
- Experience with AS9100 and aerospace quality processes such as APQP will be considered asset
- Eligibility and interest in obtaining P.Eng. license
- Experience with 3D modeling software (SolidWorks preferred) and MS Office
- Experience with computer aided drafting and GD&T
- Experience with VBA considered an asset
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format. We will follow-up with those we feel are best suited for this position.
10 Didak Drive,
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $53,307.00-$65,154.00 per year
Physical distancing precautions are strictly enforced in the workplace.