The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee.
We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join our Digital Portfolio Execution team and help us take it to the next level. This team develop the highly distributed web applications and big data systems to efficiently run Amobee’s online advertisement platform for some of Amobee’s largest customers.
We are seeking Sr. Software Engineers with a knack for writing well-designed, highly performant, scalable, and fault-tolerant server code to handle over 10 billion daily server-to-server requests. The role involves developing and designing features and new interfaces in collaboration with internal Product Management and other development and operational Engineering teams. Your responsibilities will be based on your experience level and accomplishments. You’ll be part of a highly talented collaborative team working on various technical challenges, ranging from scalability to innovative feature design and development. The senior members on the team will also play a key role in various architectural efforts and potentially lead complex feature design in our server platform. It is expected that every member on the team will be hands-on with Java. Senior members on the team may involve less coding tasks but should expect up to 50% of time performing hands-on design and development activities.
- Design and develop distributed, low latency / high throughput, multi-threaded server infrastructure components
- Build and scale internet-facing ad serving components
- Implement new server interfaces for use by Amobee’s technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- 5+ years programming Java or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat) , server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Detail oriented, meticulous, well organized, and articulate
- Computer Science degree or equivalent. (MS/PhD preferred.)
- Knowledge of common data formats (XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers, etc.)
- Familiarity with video standards (e.g. VAST and VPAID) and online video players
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.