LyteHorse Labs is an early stage company that has developed a unique electric stand-up ATV with multiple applications and use cases from law-enforcement and military to industrial and recreational markets.
Mechanical Design Engineer/Technologist
This is a hands on position to support the development and assembly of the LyteHorse Electrical vehicles and accessories. The mechanical design engineer/technologist will assist in designing, building and testing vehicle and accessory prototypes. This will include conceptual design as well as fabrication, assembly and testing of proof of concept vehicles and accessories.
The work will include but not be limited to;
· Conceptual design of custom frame components and vehicle accessories.
· Preliminary CAD and drawing development.
· Assisting in machining/bending and assembling proof of concept vehicles and accessories.
· Working with machining, fabricating, welding/shops.
· Developing and carrying out testing and making recommendations for design changes.
· Support of assembly operations.
· Engineering degree or technologist diploma in mechanical design preferred.
· 5 to 10 years of experience in design or product development
· Experience in design and fabrication of custom parts
· Familiarity with metals machining and sheet metal fabrication is a necessity, familiarity with plastics design and fabrication an asset.
· Experience in machine shop tooling and making custom parts.
· Automotive or electric vehicle design/manufacturing an asset.
· Production experience is an asset.
· Proficiency with CAD (Solidworks preferred)
· Experience with preparation of design and assembly drawings.
· Experience in setting up and performing bench and field testing an asset.
· Good communication skills.
· Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
· Ability to manage and control tasks and deliverables.
· Ability to deal with conflict resolution.
· Ability to work and manage in an early stage team environment.
Expected start date: 2021-09-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Regina, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)