About Bluegrass Living:
Bluegrass Living manufactures residential and commercial heating products including gas fireplace inserts, gas space heaters and outdoor construction heaters.
Machines and Equipment:
Various Presses Ranging From 80-550 Tons
Citizen CNC Swiss Screw Machine
Prima Power Ex Series CNC Turret Punch Press
Prima CNC Press Brake
Accurpress Press Brake
Role and Responsibility:
Responsible for evaluating existing processes, configuring manufacturing systems and programming CNC machines to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Documentation and maintenance of production processes.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Increase manufacturing capacity and efficiency through process improvements and the fabrication, purchase, and validation of new equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Computer literacy and ability to operate computer-controlled machinery and equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings, engineering designs and specifications, and operating instructions.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of manufacturing administration, including JIT manufacturing theory.
- Experience with time studies and line balancing.
- Full familiarity of the principles and applications of statistical process control.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Prepare product samples and prototypes for review.
- Collect, record, and transcribe data and explain results of testing and data collection in reports.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of process performance.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Excellent technical skills and training in AutoCAD, Solid Works etc.
- Monitor and record scrap, productivity, and machine uptime.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to regularly and customarily exercise independent discretionary authority to make decisions of significance.
- Strong ability to organize, observe and oversee work teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to search for “best processes” to improve production standards.
- Expertise with all equipment and processes for all areas of the plant covered including CNC, rough mill, finishing and general woodworking machinery.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks & Draftsight software.
- Programming experience with Master Cam or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of work-holding metals, composites, and plastics.
- Experience with set up and operation of 3-axis and 5-axis CNC mills including experience with 3D milling.
- Use of precision measuring tools (Micrometers, indicators, etc.).
- Ability to read, interpret and create CAD model drawings
- Knowledge of varies metals (i.e. Alum 6061, M1, cast, or stainless)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and initiate innovative solutions
- Experience with reading prints to quote/bid jobs (desirable, not required)
- Ability to work well and collaborate with personnel from all levels in all functions of the organization
- Use of hand tools
- Must be able to work around chemicals and be familiar with HAZMAT guidelines
- Computer skills as they relate to inventory control, MS Word and Excel, Outlook, Access, ERP System.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to plan and organize.
- Associate Degree in Technical Discipline or Significant experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- 40 Hours per week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Overtime may be required occasionally.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable.
- Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- 401K Opportunity with company match.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance Options
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and provide ID documents as listed in I9 Form.
Salary: Based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture