JOBTITLE: Forms Developer (EHR)
REPORTS TO: ITDirector
Director of Clinical Operations
The Forms Developer willuse Visual Form Editor to develop, maintain, and update custom forms andcontent that promote efficiency, quality of care, and patient safety. The FormsDeveloper will collaborate with clinical staff and non-clinical staff membersto understand current problems and provide solutions to optimize efficiency andintegrate forms into workflows. The Forms Developer will be responsible fortesting, implementation, and support
Between clinical staff,non-clinical staff, business office, physicians, O+F staff, and managementteam.
EDUCATION, TRAINING ANDEXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in healthcare informatics, data science, software engineering, or similar.
- Experience with GE Centricity and customization tools include Visual Form Editor (VFE) and MEL coding preferred
- Previous experience designing, developing, and implementing custom EHR forms preferred.
- Knowledge of MIPS/MACRA preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize and organize daily tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
1. Actively supports and incorporates mission into dailyactivities as outlined in the clinic Mission Statement.
2. Demonstrates positive interactions with public, fellowemployees, physicians and Administration so that productivity and positiverelations are maximized.
3. Maintains confidentiality of all patient relatedinformation.
4. Adheres to established policies and procedures.
5. This position requires you to be polite, teamoriented, and maintain a positive attitude.
6. Keep an accurate record of past, current, and futureprojects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDFUNCTIONS:
- Participates in needs analysis activities with clinical and non-clinical staff members as well as with the management team, as applicable, to design, create, and implement solutions to problems. This may include alterations to workflows or updates to existing EHR forms.
- Develops prototypes/test forms as well as working solutions using Visual Form Editor and MEL coding.
- Provides guidance and recommendations on process improvements and analytical solutions.
- Advises direct supervisor(s) and/or management team on customization opportunities and capabilities to enhance efficiency and solve problems.
- Works closely with key personnel across multiple departments, including business office and clinical staff, to design forms which will record and organize structured data for reporting needs.
- Explains, in written or verbal format, complex technical issues in an understandable and applicable way to non-technical personnel.
- Understands the business of healthcare providers and develops collaborative relationships with clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Assists in building and implementing best practices related to EHR customization, project rollout and change management.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
MAJORCHALLENGES: 1. Workingat a fast pace and creating solutions to multiple orthopedic sub-specialties.2. Workingto create solutions for clinical and non-clinical applications.3. Understandingcurrently established EHR forms and workflows in order to maintain consistentworkflow.
Please provide Salary Expectations
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off