For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them.
From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer's requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
Establish, manage and maintain plant Quality systems to ensure Quality of finished products. Develops, implements and trains audit conformance. Manage plant continuous improvement activities and SPC systems. Audits all departments to insure compliance with existing procedures and that proper Quality safeguards are in place. Provides disposition on non-conforming product. Provides Customer support regarding Quality issues and coordinates communication regarding Quality initiatives. Has a fundamental responsibility to ensure product safety and quality as it applies to all the duties listed below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and manage Quality systems.
- Provide techniques and equipment to achieve and measure the Quality of products and processes.
- Develop procedures to predict and prevent non-conformance.
- Provide reports regarding Quality performance.
- Facilitate investigations regarding Customer complaints and internal failures.
- Provide support to the Customer to resolve Quality issues.
- Communicate Customer needs to the plant.
- Facilitate root cause investigation and plans for corrective actions.
- Audit corrective actions implemented.
- Participate in the qualification of new products and processes.
- Work with Silgan product development Engineers and Customers in developing specifications and test methods.
- Ensure certificates of analysis’ are completed for Customers that require them.
- Implement and coordinate the plant SPC system, and interface with Corporate IT to maintain system.
- Provide SPC training to hourly and salaried personnel.
- Facilitate continuous improvement efforts.
- Utilize statistical tools to provide product and process data to operations.
- Responsible for Quality budgets.
- Train and support the Quality staff.
- Manage all internal, Customer, and Quality System (ISO 15378, GFSI) audits.
- Maintain Quality equipment (gages, computers, software, etc).
- Review and provide disposition for non-conforming product.
AUTHORITY LEVEL (if applicable):
This Position Description encompasses all Silgan Plastics facilities. Therefore, descriptions in this section will be all inclusive. The number of employees supervised will range from ‘0’ in Silgan’s smallest operations up to 15 in larger operations. The following positions describe general job functions:
- Quality Inspector/Auditor (Line Inspector)
- Quality Lab Technician
- Quality Coordinator
Required: High School Diploma with ASQ certifications.
Preferred: Minimum 2 year degree in Quality, Statistics, Engineering, Management or related field.
Certifications with the ASQ a plus.
Required: 5 years experience as a Quality Coordinator, Quality Engineer, or related position.
Preferred: 5 years experience as a Quality Manager.
- Knowledge of Quality systems and systems auditing.
- Possess good project management skills.
- Proficient in developing and leading statistical sampling plans.
- Knowledgeable in the use of ANSI/ASQ/MilStd sampling plans.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills.
- Good math skills.
- Proficient in the operation of computers and related software.
- Possess good technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (cGMP).
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- The ability to identify root cause, develop creative solutions to problems and continuously improve systems and processes.
- Leadership: Including recognizing strengths and weaknesses in others as well as oneself.
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to clearly communicate expectations and instructions.
Preferred (including all of the above):
- Formally trained team facilitator of continuous improvement efforts.
- Knowledge of related molding & decorating processes.
Knowledge of FDA regulations as outlined in 21 CFR, parts 110, 210 and 211
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)