TriMark USA is one of the country’s largest providers of foodservice equipment and supplies. We proudly serve our customers by providing design services, commercial equipment, and foodservice supplies across a wide range of industries and business sectors. As a company, we strive to lead with our values and to support the success and sustainability of our customers so they can focus on their culinary pursuits. Principles that are important to us are Trusted Partnerships, Customer Success Comes First, a “Whatever it Takes Mentality” and to Deliver Excellence. Our customer is at HEART of everything we do!
Compare job proposal data submitted by Sales Engineers or customer provided against blueprints/plans to ensure required materials are included and freight & tax calculations are accurate. The Estimator will also be responsible for reviewing bid documents and requesting pricing for the purpose of preparing detailed foodservice equipment estimates and bid proposals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Create formal computer-based job proposals based on data provided by Sales Engineers/Customer.
- Source required job materials and obtain written quotes from manufacturers/reps.
- Source and solicit multiple vendor quotes for certain products
- Compare the plans against the written specifications for accuracy
- Data-enter quotes and accurate material descriptions into the AQ system. Add additional details or accessories as necessary.
- Request and review foodservice equipment bid packages
- Help to evaluate bid opportunities
- Attend pre-bid meetings or walk-throughs as necessary
- Analyze drawings and other construction documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Solicit and review pricing from vendors and subcontractors
- Ability to provide value-engineering options as necessary
- Compile estimates and detailed bid proposals
- Follow-up timely on bids submitted
- Attend scope reviews meetings to discuss scope of work with general contractors and have ability to sell TriMark’s capabilities and project experience
- Follow up with architects, sales rep(s) or sales engineers to obtain missing information/clarification through creation of written Requests For Information (RFI) documents.
- Provide status updates to the salesperson.
- Maintain a current listing for outside labor, refrigeration and installation subs throughout the region
- Attend local test kitchens and shows to enhance your product/industry knowledge.
- Prepare PPT reports and collaborates with the account manager to achieve the GMr goal
- Quote then create BTO orders as needed
- Prepare service agency reports for the closeout package to the customer as needed
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Prior food service experiences plus.
- Prior factory-rep or estimating experience a plus.
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Proficiency reading blueprints required. Prior AutoCad experience preferred.
- Experience with AutoQuotes or similar system(s) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Highly detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
Education & Experience
- 2 year college degree or similar experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- May be asked to perform a drug test for specific positions
- Must be a legal citizen or otherwise permitted to legally work in the US without sponsorship
- TriMark USA participates in the E-Verify program
Employee Benefits Package
- Flexible time off program
- Medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance programs
- 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage
- Health and dependent care spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program following one year of service
- Continuous Training and growth opportunities
_TriMark’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is a purposeful mission of strengthening our organization and those we serve by uniting the unique differences of our employees. This mission is instilled in who we are as a company. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion through sharing, education, and experiences. We are greater together through unity in diversity. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Stacey Grimes, Talent Acquisition Operations Manager, \_Stacey.Grimes@TriMarkUSA.com\_ or 1-442-232-7563.\_
To learn more about TriMark USA, please visit our website at https://www.trimarkusa.com/.
Job Type: Full-time