- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, OR a related field OR 2+ years Amazon experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, Design/Innovation, Research & Development, or related.
- Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
- Experience in running SQL queries and data mining
- Simultaneously manage multiple high visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
- AutoCAD/3D modelling, Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project)
- Some travel may be required
Are you an innovative leader that wants to support operating the next generation of Sort Centers? Do you want a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? If you’re looking to be challenged in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment and you have strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills then this job is for you!
This individual will deep-dive and challenge current processes, equipment, and procedures, in NA Sort Centers. The engineer will be responsible to plan, organize, implement and manage capital and process improvement initiatives within the facility to ensure safe, economical, and effective use of materials, energy, and people. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in industrial engineering, complex material handling equipment and robotics.
This individual will provide leadership in managing the process and working across multiple internal and external customers. The Operations Industrial Engineer would be agile with the ability to change plans and keep driving relentlessly. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
- Plan and design systems that increase operating efficiency and critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance
- Recommend and implement changes to site layout, material flow, process design, and labor planning.
- equipment, safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards
- Own Project management and Process Improvement Pilots from conception to completion
- Set clear goals and lead a cross-functional team to achieve those goals
- Conduct and lead project meetings with Sr. Management
- Assessing and optimizing the processes and equipment used in the facility
- Typical projects could include spearheading a redesign effort for the inbound unload, evaluating the ergonomic needs and issues induct work areas, or conducting a capacity planning and analysis study for peak season.
- Master’s degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
- Experience with process design based on Six Sigma, and Lean Principles.
- Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
- Experience in using advanced simulation modeling tools (Flexsim, Arena, Simio, etc)
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve engineering problems
Ability to work with all levels of Associates and Managers
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.