ALIVE MEDIA – JOB POSTING – AUDIO/VISUAL SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER
For immediate hire
Alive Media exists to help churches, non-profits, schools, and community-focused businesses put technology to work serving their mission. Healthy, focused, and growing; Alive Media is a strong and supportive team that serves our customers with excellence. We provide two main services:
1) Audio/Video/Lighting System Integration - consisting of design, sale, and installation
2) Live Event Production
We have a distinct approach to our projects, which emphasizes the relationships with project stakeholders
(owners, engineers, technicians, end-users). The incorporation of the live event production workflow is integral to the systems we design.
Alive Media seeks to hire a full-time audio/visual systems design engineer. The system designer will participate in projects at all stages; carrying the project through the conceptual, design, and sales stages, as well as supporting the customer relationship through completion. They will be responsible for documenting the design in narrative form and schematically. The system designer will work within a supportive team environment to accomplish project and professional goals. This is a challenging and rewarding role in our company, which bears influence, responsibility, and trust. This position will provide professional growth opportunities to the candidate who has a work ethic consisting of personal ownership of work, self-initiative, leadership, collaboration and communication skills, as well as the ability and desire to put others first and get along with team members/clients.
- Site Surveys & Project Assessment - Meet with clients to assess technology needs, asking informative questions, and providing insight and recommendations as appropriate. Take measurements and pictures and make rough drawings as needed.
- System Design - Carry project through all steps of the design process, from start to finish. Must be able to account for price, availability, and interoperability of possible equipment choices when building system.
- Drawings - Create drawings, diagrams, schematics, equipment and room elevations as needed utilizing design software.
- Proposal or Quotation and Sale Execution - Prepare client proposals or sales quotations. Prepare purchase orders and process sales orders, with support from office staff.
- Provide support to project management and integration team to ensure consistency between intended design and end result.
- Closing Support - Provide as-built drawings, custom manuals, and product documentation.
- Continue education and keep up to date on AV technologies by investigating new systems, techniques, and equipment.
NON-ESSENTIAL OR OCCASIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-configuration and Testing - Build, verify, and test equipment prior to delivery to client.
- System Integration - Assist with installation, integration, configuration, programming, testing, and commissioning of equipment at customer sites.
- Occasionally perform engineering or technical support at events where Alive Media provides audio/visual production services. This includes, but is not limited to, event design and quotation, equipment staging, loading, delivery, setup, production engineering, strike.
- Help establish new processes and procedures to streamline operations and best utilize strengths of other staff.
- Reports To – Sr AVL Designer
- Support Staff – Design Assistant
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of AVL design experience in performance venue systems, corporate systems (especially those utilizing control systems – emphasis in Extron preferred), and contemporary church systems
- Additional 4+ years of experience in integration and service/maintenance of AVL systems
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous live event production and system installer experience preferred
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSING
- Currently hold AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Advanced understanding of audio, video, lighting best practices and fundamentals, system control, low-voltage wiring, and a basic understanding of control system programming (Extron preferred)
- Lead design and coordination discussions for AVL system installations
- Create AVL system design drawings in Sketchup/Layout (preferred), AutoCAD and/or Visio. Ability to create Architectural plans for AVL systems and modify architects’ drawings to incorporate AVL systems
- Design and engineer complete AVL systems
- Create equipment list for estimating based on functional needs of client. Create rough-order-of- magnitude budget summaries
- Work with clients, architects, and building engineers
- Provide details used for assembly and installation of audio, video, and control systems
- Follow projects through installation to final acceptance and commissioning
- Intermediate level of proficiency in the use of business application systems including programs such as
MS Excel, and MS Word, PowerPoint.
- Intermediate level of understanding of IT and computer networking fundamentals, infrastructure and installation practices
- Proficiency with reading, interpreting, reviewing, and writing contract documentation and infrastructure specifications (such as, conduit requirements and BTU heat loads calculations)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Work well within a team environment and under strict deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Read blueprints/drawings/floorplans.
- Strong written, verbal and customer service skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various internal departments and personnel.
- Highly self-motivated (personal ownership of work, follow-through and all-around good work ethic).
- Generate and pursue strategic high-quality sales leads
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships
Approximately 75% of work will be performed in the Alive Media office. Some amount of at-home work may be arranged. The remaining 25% will be in the field. Use of personal vehicle will be required, with mileage reimbursable at federal rate (must have CA driver license and clean driving record). Ability to lift 50 pounds is necessary. Occasional work on lifts or ladders, as well as in ceilings or crawlspaces will be required. Full (or corrected to full) vision is required (close, distance, peripheral, depth, varifocal, color) on a daily basis.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS (Required)