Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to divide tissue into various components using the following methods: dissection, trimming, cutting, and cleansing with sharp objects in accordance with quality standards and productivity goals. This person would work closely with fellow tissue technicians stationed in Pikeville, R&D surgeons, and operation and production management to achieve team performance goals. Goals are set and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Componentize a variety of tissue products according to standard instructions and prints, in accordance with safety, productivity and workmanship requirements
- Operate and set up (as needed) production supplies/equipment
- Package and label tissue for transport to headquarters
- Maintain clean workspace at scheduled intervals throughout shift
- Perform inspections of one’s own work and the work of others, and perform simple adjustments, as needed.
- Mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed)
- Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand anatomy with on-the-job training
- Preferred, but not required, bilingual: English and Spanish speaking
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Unload and load vehicles
- Stand on concrete floors for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in 40 degree temperature rooms for entirety of the shift (with proper attire provided)
- Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements
- Ability to perform independently and in small team settings
- Must have ability to complete training courses (online and in-person).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $27.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: