GROW WITH US
It’s all about personal growth through group collaboration. With over 25 patents, GED knows a thing or two about innovation. We want you to help us continue our tradition of making sizable impacts on how windows, doors, and insulating glass units are made, so that customers can fabricate the most energy-efficient, cost-effective, quality products to make every home, office, hospital or car the most comfortable and safest it can be.
FROM COMMUNITY TO FAMILY
Providing a stable and opportunity-driven work environment is something we pride ourselves in. With an average employee tenure of 10 years and a 6.5% increase in new-hires within the past year, GED is noticeably a very dynamic workplace. The dedication, loyalty and incredible work ethic seen in our employees make our work environment as unique as the individuals in it. Not only do we work hard to achieve our high standards and goals, but we make time for play, too, with group sporting events, golf outings, picnics and volunteer activities to strengthen relationships and engage our team in their community.
Research, design, develop, program and test GED robotic applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Programming robotics systems (ABB) for custom applications > • Design, develop and install robotics programs.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Provide technical support for robotic systems. Including limited field work installing or troubleshooting.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Install, calibrate, program, operate, or maintain robots both in house and in the field.
- Assist in development and implementation of training programs for technicians and end users.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Create back-ups of robot programs or parameters.
- Development of standard processes and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree related field, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computer aided design CAD software— Autodesk; AutoCAD; Dassault Systemes SolidWorks; Robotics Academy ROBOTC; UsyCams
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Teaching – Ability to methodically train and teach individuals in the various aspects of robotic programming and logic, as well as the implementation of standard processes.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Visualization — The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Practical experience in programming robotic systems (ABB preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience in related field preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Position requires field work
- Installs and aftermarket service
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to obtain passport
- Ability to travel internationally