Perform the project engineering responsibilities on a large Heavy-Civil Marine Construction project. Perform or direct the gathering, calculating, and compiling of data for the engineering and business functions of a project. Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and field crews to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction applicable to one or more disciplines.
- Manage the measurement, review, approval, documentation, and input of project quantities.
- Construct the project budget from the conformed estimate, working with the superintendent and project manager to select the appropriate work activities and cost codes.
- Establish and maintain the project contract administration plan.
- Assist project manager with reviewing and preparing month-end cost reports including the monthly Progress Statement and Job Operations Report (JOR). Assist with cost forecasting and revenue projections.
- Manage the project recordkeeping and correspondence functions. Maintain tracking logs for change orders, RFI’s, submittals, and letters.
- Maintain the project daily repor
- Manage the preparation, review, approval, and forwarding of the project submittals.
- Prepare and submit progress invoices to the owner with Project Manager review.
- Work with superintendents and project manager to develop a project plan to create a project CPM Schedule. Manage and maintain the project schedule.
- Manage the subcontract and procurement process including directing or performing the solicitation, review, and document preparation elements.
- Participate in the project safety process, conduct safety inspections and contribute to weekly toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety traini
- Coordinate and assist in the documentation, preparation, and resolution of change orders and extra work efforts.
- Generate engineering feasibility studies to support planning and scheduling efforts.
- Assist with managing the collection, review, approval, and processing of the daily labor timesheets.
- Setup, control, and manage all engineering and project records/files. Provide engineering support to field and office operations.
- Take the lead in working with designers and/or engineers to do value engineering, material substitutions, and engineering related constructability issues.
- Manage the project turnover process as it relates to punch list, quality control, commissioning, final documentation submission, and check-out of installed systems.
- Provide continual education and training for the jobsite engineers.
- Perform all other duties inherent to this position either assigned or require
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, utilize, and manage the cost management process including quantities, cost reports, forecasting, labor reports, and documentation & recordkeepin
- Ability to efficiently perform the contract administration functions including correspondence, document control, daily reports, and change order/claims preparation.
- Ability to efficiently perform the project administration processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and subcontractor/supplier correspondence & trackin
- Demonstrated proficiency to develop, analyze, and maintain complex project schedules.
- Demonstrated understanding of company safety philosophy and a working knowledge of the Safety and Crisis manuals.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to compose and edit professional letters to external organizations including customer, vendor, government agencies, and subcontractors.
- Ability to organize and supervise individual engineering functions.
- Strong computer skills including ability to use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook. Ability to give oral presentations using PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $66,000.00 to $94,000.00 /year
- Project Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)