Required Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Travel Required: Estimated up to 10%
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Requires U.S. Citizenship and may require a security clearance.
- Veterans Affairs, Dept. of Defense, &/or other Federal experience desired, commercial experience considered.
- Be self-motivated, able to perform and solve problems independently and take the initiative to make sound decisions with minimal oversight.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in computer design software programs including Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, et.) MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, and other various electrical design software packages similar to EasyPower.
- Design electrical systems related to Healthcare and commercial environments, including power, lighting, low voltage and telecommunications systems.
- Develop design approaches and concepts for projects including analysis of existing systems and recommended modifications or enhancements.
- Review project SOW (Statement of Work) and implement designs accordingly.
- Intermediate knowledge of NEC, NFPA codes, Technical Standards and applicable government requirements and experience incorporating into construction documents including drawings and specifications
- Assists with the development of the overall man-hour budget and is responsible for the man-hour budget within the discipline.
- Experienced in the production of design drawings and specifications implementing applicable calculations including load studies, voltage drop calculations, short circuit analysis, coordination and arc-flash studies, load calculations, and selection of equipment appropriate to the project design.
- Responsible for Quality Control of Electrical Construction Package in compliance with Valhalla QA/QC procedures and process.
- Experienced in coordination of equipment layout and overall design space requirements with the architect and other disciplines
- Capable in performing Construction Phase services including performing construction observations and responding to Submittals and RFI’s.
- Track project timelines and budgets to complete tasks on schedule and within budget.
- Mentor and guide EIT's, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Valhalla guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed
- Other design/engineering tasks as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- C: 1 year (Preferred)
- MATLAB: 1 year (Preferred)