- Lead the design and development of Rear View Mirrors to ensure the technical and functional feasibility of the products giving support to the project teams, with the objective of reaching cost, quality and timing goals established by the Company.
2. GENERAL FUNCTIONS\*:
- Ensure the technical and production feasibility of the product during the offer and development stages in accordance methodology and in compliance with design rules and standards.
- Apply the standardized solutions and Lessons Learned in all the development processes of the product for all the business unit clients.
- Carry out the design reviews and present results to leadership team.
- Manage the technical project timing including deliverables from other engineering functions (CAD, Simulation, and Validation)
- Ensure the development and prototypes delivery according to customer/FDS milestones.
- Ensure Validation plans are in accordance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Lead and manage the DFMEA creation for the product and support the team with the development of the PFMEA.
- Analyze the results of the product technical test reports and find the necessary technical countermeasures solutions if required.
- Work with manufacturing teams in the products industrialization.
- Manage effectively the product modifications during the development.
- Support the competitiveness of the business unit improving costs, quality and product performance, adopting new technical solutions coming from competitors’ analysis and benchmark.
- Cooperate with Purchasing dept. and suppliers to ensure the optimization of the components in terms of cost, quality and manufacturability.
- Ensure the CAD (3D & 2D) design development.
- Propose Technical Lessons Learned (industrialization phase).
- Lead the technical discussions with the client’s engineering team for an effective product development.
- Participate in patent generation and reviews to product to ensure not infringement.
- Present technical project status monthly to regional management committee.
- Support production operations with respect to warranty, quality, cost reduction or customer driven changes.
- Follow Health & Safety regulations of the work center and contribute to their improvement.
(\*) The described functions are only the most representative for this position; therefore they should not be understood as all the inherent functions related to this job position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Madison Heights, MI 48071: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location