ONLY for GC holders or US citizens
Mainframe Assembly Programmer / Mainframe Assembler
Location : Ashburn, VA
Duration : 12 months plus ongoing
- Recent development experience with IBM MainframeAssembly language (10 years minimum) for System Z.
- Recent experience with command-level IBM®Customer Information Control System (CICS) (10 years minimum)application programming and CICS APIs
- Recent experience with COBOL (5 years minimum)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology,Computer Science or equivalent years of demonstrated work experience.
- In-depth experience/knowledge of the Systems DevelopmentLife-cycle (SDLC).
- Strong analytical, planning and technical problem solvingskills.
- Advanced experience/knowledge in IBM Mainframe systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organizetasks.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and writtencommunication skills.
- Effective research, analytical and problem solvingskills.
- Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests andmeeting changing requirements.
- Familiarity with CICS ina CICSPLEX or parallel SYSPLEX.
- Understanding of the IBM Mainframe AssemblerConcept 14 macros set add-on product.
- Working knowledge of CICS inter-transaction affinitiesrelated to data passage and synchronization.
- Experience developing Threadsafe programs and identifyingissues that would make programs non-Threadsafe.
- Familiarity with the concepts of above the line and belowthe line storage. Aware of the unique requirements of a program that residesbelow the line and why it is so important to make programs reside above theline and utilize storage above the line or at least tolerate storage above theline.
- Working knowledge of the Serena ChangeMan ZMF source packaging/management tool.
- Ability to lead independent teams, exercise initiativeand use good judgement.
- Working knowledge ofcredit union operations/processes and procedures.
- Experience with IBM DataPower, MQ application programmingand IBM WebSphere.
- Familiarity of Agile SCRUM software developmentmethodology.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $70.00 to $80.00 /hour