Arrowpoint Corporation, a government contractor with over 20 years of success in supporting various DoD and Government customers, is beginning work on an exciting new project at MCICOM (Marine Corps Installations Command) supporting the Facilities System Branch (FSB). The project will involve providing support for migration and hosting efforts and supporting the review, analysis, documentation, design, programming, testing and subsequent implementation of change requests.
The Mid Infrastructure Administrator will support MCICOM (Marine Corps Installations Command), Facilities System Branch (FSB) and is responsible for build, automation, support, management, and optimization of Infrastructure Systems with oversight and guidance from FSB Infrastructure Engineers for respective Infrastructure Systems (Storage / Virtualization / Operating Systems / Network / Citrix).
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Research, recommend, and implement best practices for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Document and provide training to junior team members for new and existing solutions.
- Mentor team members to ensure skills transfer for systems under this position’s oversight.
- Provides reporting for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Serves as first step of escalation for FSB Infrastructure Systems.
- Software and systems support in analyzing, troubleshooting, testing and making recommendations related to systems environment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve outages and other problems with web servers, application servers, and database servers.
- Perform configuration, installation and other system administration functions as necessary.
- Availability for occasional on-call work as work needs may dictate.
- Other duties as may be required
At the Infrastructure Administrator level, required experience for the requisite Infrastructure Systems or Technologies are:
- Storage (NetApp): 1+ Years’ Experience Administering Enterprise Storage Solutions in an Enterprise Datacenter
- Virtualization (VM Ware): 1+ Years’ Experience Administering Enterprise Virtualization Solutions (VM Ware) in an Enterprise Datacenter
- Windows o/s experience
- 1+ Years’ Experience supporting and sustaining Domain Name Services (DNS), Active Directory (AD), DHCP, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Certificate Authorities (CA), Image Creation, Enterprise Patch Management, PowerShell Scripts
- 1+ Years’ Experience Administering Windows Server 2016 in an Enterprise Datacenter
- Linux: 1+ Years’ Experience Administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems in an Enterprise Datacenter
- Network (Brocade / Cisco / F5 Big-IP):
- Cisco: 1+ Years’ Experience Administering Cisco Switches and Routers in an Enterprise Datacenter
- Brocade: 1+ Years’ Experience Administering Brocade Switches and Routers in an Enterprise Datacenter
- F5 Big-IP: 1+ Years’ Experience Administering F5 Big-IP Network Devices in an Enterprise Datacenter
- Citrix: 1+ Years’ Experience supporting and sustaining Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, and/or Citrix Storefront in an Enterprise Datacenter
- US Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain relevant security credentials as determined by the customer to access the worksite and computer systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written, with all levels of personnel
- Ability to multitask, managing competing demands, and deal with changes, delays, and unexpected events.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Some light physical effort may be required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Core hours will be from 0900 to 1430 Central time. Contractors are required to be present during core hours.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position will be located at the MCICOM facility located at 2306 E Bannister Road, Kansas City, MO 64131.
Travel: Some travel may be required.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status. Arrowpoint participates in the eVerify program.
Job Type: Full-time