Are you looking for dependable work year round? We are hiring! Green 2 Electric, an affiliated company of iDEAL Energies, is an award winning Minnesota-based commercial solar energy developer with 250+ systems currently in operation. With many projects under construction, we are seeking a full time employee Journeyman Electrician that will lead a crew that installs commercial solar systems.
- 3-5 Years as a Journeyman or Master Electrician with commercial electrical experience
- Journeyman Electrician license or certification
- Experience with commercial Solar required
Desire and ability to:
- Direct and lead others, such as a team of 1 or 2 apprentices
- Foresee and communicate changes in schedules and processes actively in real-time
- Work as a commercial electrician on solar and energy related projects on property grounds, structures, inside/outside buildings and facilities, on rooftops, in crawl spaces, etc.
- Install, assemble, amend, new and existing electrical systems such as: single and three phase AC systems and DC power systems 1000 volts and less, services and switch gear; panelboards, load centers, CT cabinets, and other types of power distribution gear; motor circuits, HVAC power and control circuits, lighting and general power circuits as well as specialty circuits for machinery and equipment hookups
- Read and interpret plans, blue prints, project specifications, installation manuals, understand and apply the NEC electrical code and the MN electrical rules
- Perform work competently and safely with hand tools, power tools, metering and testing equipment and tools, while keeping others safe around job sites
- Build, assemble, install, modify, maintain, troubleshoot, test, service and repair: electrical systems, wiring, fixtures, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Lift, carry, and move up to 51 lbs. on a daily basis and occasionally up to 80 lbs.
This non-union position offers:
- A company van
- Competitive pay and generous benefits
- Retirement Plan Matching
- All required tools and equipment resources for the task and job at hand for safe installations
We operate within a code of conduct that places significant value on integrity, quality, safety and accountability as the foundation for everything we do.
If you think this job sounds like an iDEAL opportunity, please apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $50.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us. Most of this work is outside and distanced. We wear masks when indoors and not distancing.
- Solar: 1 year (Required)
- Journeyman Electrician: 3 years (Required)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN (Required)
- Journeyman Electrician (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: