Specification Sheet Engineer
We are hiring anexperienced Specification Sheet Engineer to write and edit specification sheets.As an Specification Sheet Engineer, you will help create guide specification(s).In this capacity, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Adapt existing specification sheets to create master specifications files for all our products.
- Create, implement, and consolidate and internal processes for technical and editorial review of content.
- Write Basis-of-Design specifications for sections not included in the master specification files.
- Review, edit, and overall maintain all product literature, manufacturers' websites, industry standards, trade association and professional society publications, reference materials, and model building codes.
- Advise manufacturer clients on best practices in specification writing and review and respond to their feedback on the proprietary sections.
- Work with Sales team to determine the suitability of products for inclusion in the master specification file, and advise as to proper section placement.
- Review manufacturer products based on listed criteria for compliance with listed capacities that will require subject matter expertise, and knowledge of specification writing conventions.
- Review product submissions to verify compliance with product description and performance criteria.
- Approve submissions in compliance, request more information to complete review, or submit reasons for declining submission.
- Collaborate with other departments on initiatives.
- Make presentations and write thought leadership pieces related to the subject matter of assigned specification sections.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience required in Electrical Engineering or related engineering technology.
- Experience must include working in building construction settings for firms specializing in engineering, architecture, construction management, specification consulting, or program management.
- Licensed practicing engineer: CSI CDT required with CCS and/or CCCA certification(s) preferred. LEED AP certification is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience editing or writing specification sections required.
- Must be collaborative, open to working in new ways, and able to provide constructive feedback.
- Experience working with others in a team setting, and managing projects.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and the ability to professionally deal with colleagues and customers across disciplines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with BIM, Revit, and other tools of the trade desired.
· Analytical –Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data.Detail oriented, uses good judgment and experience to complement data.
· Interpersonal Skills –Focuses on solving conflicts, maintains confidentiality, listens to others andkeeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and tries newthings.
· Teamwork – Balancesteam/individual responsibilities, exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views.Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spiritwith the ability to build employee morale.
· Work Ethics – Treatsemployees with respect and inspires the trust of others and works withintegrity.
· Organized –Prioritizes and plans work effectively. Uses time efficiently, sets goals andobjectives.
· Professionalism –Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure and treatsothers with respect and consideration. Accepts responsibility for their ownactions and follows through on commitments.
· Attendance – Isconsistently at work on time and ensures that work responsibilities are coveredwhen absent.
More Information Aboutthe Position:
· Company is based inCommerce, CA.
· Competitive health,dental, life, and vision plans.
· 401K deferral throughThe Principal.
· Year-endperformance-based bonus.
· 6 Paid holidays.
· Paid sick time up to24 hours annually.
· Salary is commensuratewith experience.
· This is a leadershipposition with great incentive plans.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Technical Writing: 5 years (Preferred)
Hours per Week:
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift