Primarily examine and provide corrections to submitted construction plans. Assist the public in obtaining permits and
Code compliance. Conduct field inspections of building construction and related work for conformance to approved
drawings, the Oregon Specialty Codes, and other specialty codes and ordinances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review plans for compliance with applicable codes; authorize work related to buildings and structures of all
complexities; meet with contractors, engineers, architects, designers and the public to discuss related building
code questions and issues.
- Perform field inspections where qualified consistent with the Oregon Specialty Codes and related County
Codes in a manner that assures compliance and safety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Complete inspection forms, maintain activity log, and prepare correspondence and correction notices.
- Investigate alleged violations and complaints, check for hazardous conditions, and make official reports.
- Provide the public with information regarding the specialty code and other codes where qualified.
- Assist staff with additional duties as necessary.
- Maintain regular and predictable work attendance.
- Develop and maintain effective, harmonious and reasonable work relationships with others.
Considerable knowledge of Oregon Specialty Codes, building construction, structural design, materials and methods;
ability to read and interpret applicable Codes, plans and specifications and to reconcile them to construction in
progress; ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with contractors, the general public, and
other county employees; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
A minimum of two years’ experience as a Plans Examiner and Inspector in a jurisdiction recognized by a model code
group, or satisfactory equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Minimum Qualifications: OIC;
A-Level and C-Level Plans Examiner Certifications; two C-Level Inspector Certifications; and FLS Certification. The
Department will assist the selected candidate in obtaining the necessary certifications. Must possess a valid Oregon
driver’s license and evidence of a good driving record.
Salary range is $58,788 to $74,964 per year (DOQ) plus excellent comprehensive benefit
package, including health insurance and County paid Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) contributions.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a completed and signed Linn County Employment Application Form, with a resume and
cover letter, to Director, Linn County Planning and Building Department, PO Box 100, Albany, OR 97321; FAX: 541-
926-2060. Application forms may be obtained, along with the complete job classification, at http://www.co.linn.or.us,
by calling 541-967-3816, or at the Oregon Employment Division in Albany.