Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. has been deeply rooted in the upper Midwest for nearly 60 years. Our engineers, planners, and surveyors have been offering a full complement of services to our clients since the company’s inception. We have prided ourselves on a high level of commitment to assisting our clients achieve their goals and making their homes a better and safer place. Our employees enjoy a flexible, relaxed work environment from which to work and grow. Access and exposure to a breadth of individuals and project types allow for both professional growth as well as personal growth.
We are currently seeking a full-time WATER or WASTEWATER ENGINEER in our WEST DES MOINES office. Our team works with local communities on a wide range of civil, municipal, and environmental projects. We are looking for a Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training who would work with CAD Technicians, Construction Observers, Land Survey Chiefs and office staff in various capacities.
· Prepare detailed technical engineering reports.
· Prepare plans and specifications for specific projects.
· Work with Construction Observers/Resident Technicians during all facets of construction.
· Assist Project Manager in completing project within budget and on schedule.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering required
· Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering preferred
· Over 10 years of civil or environmental engineering design experience preferred/desired
· Iowa PE license certification or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred
· Previous water or wastewater treatment design experience required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Veenstra and Kimm, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- environmental engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19