JOB TITLE: Application Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Conductive Group
PAY RANGE: Salary, DOE
REPORTS TO: VP Engineering
LOCATION: Heber City, UT
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Application Engineers are responsible to help develop products, support manufacturing operations and provide technical support to customers, all with a great attitude and a strong willingness to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist VP of Engineering on all application engineering tasks.
- Matrixed organizational support for federal program engineering.
- Matrixed organizational support for product development using stage-gate process.
- Matrixed organizational support for technical sales activities.
- Support design for manufacturability and other process engineering activities.
- Comply with and mature Conductive Group Quality Management system processes and procedures.
- Assist with organization and execution of engineering design reviews as part of program execution and product development stage-gate process.
Desired Experience and Aptitudes
- Focused engineering talent with has technical expertise
- Experience in thermoplastics is a bonus, but not necessary
- Experience with composite product manufacturing and technician skills
- Strong process, organizational, and communication skills
- CAD/SolidWorks experience strongly desired
- Education – High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience – 2 years experience preferred
- Problem-solving, mechanical aptitude, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that ensure clarity and understanding.
- Thirst for learning and ability to capture tribal knowledge.
- Must pass a background check and drug screen in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Located, or willing to locate, in close proximity to Heber City, UT.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time; and work with, around, and on projects involving a variety of materials. Safety awareness is absolutely essential at all times while in the work area. Work is performed Monday through Friday, with occasional opportunity to work overtime and weekends. Must be willing to travel for business as needed. Must be able to work while wearing standard personal protective equipment, such as gloves and protective eyewear, and respiratory protection on occasion.
Competitive wage DOE, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K plans with company match, generous flexible paid time off, and opportunities for advancement.
Job applications are available at:
The Conductive Group develops new technologies, advanced materials, and innovative products. We deliver products and provide services in a wide variety of markets, and we partner with other forward-thinking companies to overcome a spectrum of electromagnetic challenges. Our core values are People, Patriotism, and Performance, and we offer careers, not just jobs. Learn more about Conductive Group and our subsidiaries (Conductive Composites, Faraday Cases, and Faraday Structures) at www.conductive.com.
Conductive Group and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. There is no guarantee of employment, and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place