Being a growth oriented, customer-focused company, we are seeking an energetic Engineer Estimator with proven experience in creating accurate estimates, able to work independently, as well as, interact with others. The Engineer Estimator will be responsible for reviewing job specifications/quantities, plans and other pertinent documents for review and submittal of bid packages.
- Consult with customers to understand and satisfy customers needs.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Consult with Vendors to discuss and formulate estimates
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors (assisting Purchasing in some cases).
- Prepare estimates for the purpose of planning and scheduling work.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase component.
- Prepare job order and drawings for manufacturing.
- Perform engineering functions to validate design of job / parts.
- Assist Sales, Engineering, Purchasing and/or Shop personnel with questions / prints for jobs as required.
- Enjoy complex and challenging project work and willing to work on a variety of strategic, financial, and operational projects.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Familiar with micrometers / caliper measuring tools.
- Communication Skills.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Must understand Basic machining functions.
- Possess good computer skills - Microsoft Office.
- Able to read blueprints.
Company: Industrial Hydraulic & Pneumatic Cylinder Manufacturer established more than 45 years. Financially strong growing company that is on the move. Three manufacturing facilities, Michigan, Alabama, and Georgia with plans to expand into other states. Our products/services are found in virtually every industry from Automotive, Plastics, Marine, Steel, Piping & Tubing, Chemical, Defense, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Food, Pharmaceuticals, and beyond.
Visit us at www.yatesind.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating jobs: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative