Title: Manufacturing Engineer / Programmer
Reports to: York Plant Manager
Type of Position: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company / Product
Acco Material Handling Solutions (“Acco”) specializes in the manufacturing of material handling equipment, including hoists, cranes, carts and lifters. Its products are used primarily in industrial manufacturing and distribution environments, including aerospace, water treatment, heavy manufacturing, agriculture, mining, automotive, and logistics. Operating from three manufacturing facilities in the US, Acco provides ready to ship stock products or fully engineered custom devices. Products are sold through distributors, as well as to large direct customers. The York operations specializes in the manufacturing of wire rope hoists and also makes other products such as crane components and below the hook product for the material handling industry.
The Machine Shop Manufacturing Engineer / Programmer’s primary function is to solve day to day production issues in our machine shop and to own and supervise the programming of our CNC machines. Additional responsibilities include finding ways to improve our methods and programs to save cost, and improve quality, and leading ongoing lean efforts to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead manufacturing problem solving in the machine shop
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost through the creation of new processes and improvement of existing processes and manufacturing methods.
- Generate programs for our CNC machines for new parts as needed.
- Identify and improve existing programs, tooling selection, and methods to drive out cost and waste from existing machining processes
- Collaborate with union team members to generate, execute, and sustain process improvements
- Participate and lead lean efforts to drive impactful improvements to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)
- Able to program basic CNC machine programs, multi Axis, lathes, mills, hobbing etc. – primarily Fanuc Controls
- Experience with CAD / CAM
- Ability to set-up and run CNC and manual machines preferred
- Ability to make recommendations and improvements to current tooling for each matching operation
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvements in operations processes and lead the team through the changes
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing methodology with a track record of success in both implementation and sustainment
- Track record of successful process driven problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in an office environment, with frequent use of and proficiency with computers
- Ability to prioritize, generate plans of action, and drive for results
- Knowledge of TPM / AM a plus
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
This job requires minimal travel and a daily on-site presence in York. Normal manufacturing plant office conditions and occasional travel may be required to meet with suppliers. Job demands may require long periods of standing, sitting, and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, driving, and/or traveling.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place