Adept Group is recruiting on the behalf of a unique and exciting client working in the Food and Beverage industry. They are searching for a Packaging Engineer 3 for their California location on a Contract to Hire basis. At our client, everyone has a seat at the table. They celebrate diversity in backgrounds and perspectives not only because it makes them a better company, but because it makes them better people.
In this opportunity, you will be focused on new product development. This could be anything from an entirely new brand to a line extension or a new closure system. You will be working in a collaborative team environment with Operations, Marketing and Compliance and will have the opportunity to use your bold ideas to make a real difference. Everyone has the power to be an entrepreneur and an innovator and you’ll find people who will go out of their way to support your growth. They want everyone to succeed!
In addition, sustainability is a priority because they are committed to reducing their environmental impact and inspiring others to do the same. They also utilize innovative technology and big data help drive key insights to make better business decisions and streamline our processes.
- Work cross-functionally taking on varying assignments including:
- Investigating ideas & opportunities to improve company competitiveness.
- Improving throughput or reducing operational costs.
- Building and/ or starting up new assets or products to deliver the defined success criteria.
- Participates in the development of ideas and concepts.
- Participates in department and cross-functional planning sessions and updates across the organization.
- Recommends technology improvements or modifications for equipment and process systems.
- Updates standards, policies, specifications, and procedures as assigned.
- Leads research and analytical studies to develop designs or specifications for products or processes.
- Tests new technologies and/ or concepts to validate benefit to company.
- Reviews proposals of outside vendors and makes recommendations.
- Assimilates and analyzes technical and cost data across multiple sources and processes to determine feasibility.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations based on test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Leads or supports cross-functional teams in the building or improving of capital assets or the commercialization of new products.
- Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Develops and implements technology improvements or modifications.
- Develops and ensures achievement of project goals, objectives and timelines.
- Utilizes L6S principals to identify and solve technical problems & issues.
- Identifies and implements improvements or modification opportunities.
- Communicates project status and identifies roadblocks to success.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, safety and regulatory considerations as it applies to the task at hand. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Ensures GMP, safety and quality for all proposed modifications.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Oversees vendors/ contractors as assigned.
- Trains and develops others in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Acts as a lead engineer for up to 2 full time employees as assigned.
- Leads or directs others on a project or program basis.
- Plays a significant role as a mentor to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering plus 3 years of Engineering experience
- L6S Certification (Black Belt/ Green Belt).
- Experience with at least one of the following: CPG Manufacturing Systems (Filling, Labeling, Packaging, etc.).
- Winery Manufacturing Systems (Fermentation, Piping, Filtration, etc.).
- Utility Systems (Power & Distribution, Steam, Water, Waste, etc.).
- Data Systems (SQL, Trending, Reporting, Visualization).
- Control Systems (Rockwell, SCADA, PLC, Instrumentation).
- Glass Manufacturing Systems.
- Wine/Spirits/beverages knowledge (Fermentation Science, Separations, winery processes, wine chemistry, new product development/innovation, food safety, HAACP).
- Agricultural Equipment and Infrastructure Systems (Irrigation, site grading, drainage, etc.).
Job Type: Contract
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance