At Chandler, we design and fabricate retail and branded environments. With a full array of fabrication and manufacturing services housed in a 200k sq. foot facility, the Chandler fabrication team handles a wide variety of projects. From fixtures to multiple store roll-outs to rapid prototype development, our talented and experienced fabricators work simultaneously with our designers and engineers to efficiently transform designs into realities. Coupled with Chandler’s in-house design, engineering and installation capabilities, Chandler is able to execute high-end, complex projects time and again, with success.
Create Construction Documents
- Proficiently utilizes SolidWorks and other required CAD software to create complete, accurate engineering documents to be used in manufacturing and set-up of product.
- Develop and establish construction methods to be utilized by other members of the Engineering team in the design of fixtures.
- Assist with and specify raw materials to be used in the construction of store fixtures
- Advanced knowledge of industry related finishes and hardware.
- Generate Bill of Materials (BOM) and Part lists.
- Create part names and numbers for assembly, sub-assembly, and parts in part number log & on drawings.
- Create, research and source products or materials, either unique or already existing, to be used in a given project.
- Proficiently & consistently produces high quality construction documents.
- Independently recognizes and uses required construction methods and materials required for projects.
- Check drawings for accuracy prior to releasing to Design, Engineering & Project Managers for check off.
- Archive and maintain updated print drawings in CAD & PDF formats for project.
- Process Engineering change orders (ECO’s)
- Maintain revision levels of engineering drawings for the project.
- Review the work of less experienced engineers, and provide assistance as needed
- Assist Project Management with estimating Engineering and construction time for a project
- Create drawings in a timely manner within time allotted for project and independently manage time as needed.
- Independently communicate with Engineering & Project Managers on drawing timelines and any timeline issues.
- Communicate with other Engineers, Shop Personnel, Designers & Project Managers to develop best practice building methods for a project.
- Work closely with the fabrication shop to resolve any errors or issues regarding product assembly drawings, component details, and Bills of Material.
- Communicate with vendors regarding the engineered design for a project.
- Communication with Clients as needed on a project.
- Upon project completion, review drawings with project managers, shop personnel and others. Update drawings as needed.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: retail store displays/fixtures, millwork, cabinetry, furniture, woodworking, or metal. Experience with metal highly preferred.
- AA/AS Degree in Design, Engineering, Architecture or other related field. BA/BS Preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive work experience
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling in SolidWorks or other equivalent program.