Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Engineering & Technology is seeking dynamic, agile and highly motivated engineers interested in designing, developing and producing our next generation of spacecraft solutions. The LM 400 spacecraft plays a foundational role in Lockheed Martin's comprehensive portfolio spacecraft product lines and will position LM for continued success both now and well into the future. As part of our product development team, Lockheed Martin invites you to create “new realities,” enabling solutions that have never been seen before. Throughout the project, you can rely on the backing of a global technology leader with a culture that values innovative thinking and the resources that make it happen. Stand on the shoulders of a rich heritage of achievement as you write our next chapter.
If this describes you, come join our team as our next Thermal Engineer!
As a Spacecraft Design Thermal Engineer you will be responsible for performing preliminary and detailed thermal design and analysis on spacecraft components and subsystems (Antenna, Propulsion, etc.), as well as performing comprehensive modelling of the entire spacecraft thermal system using standardized processes and tools (Thermal Desktop, SINDA, TSS). Other related responsibilities include providing technical memos and recommendations to data packages to support peer and customer reviews. You will be presenting resultant design and analysis data to the spacecraft design/engineering team, customer technical representatives, and Program Office personnel at technical exchange meetings and formal design reviews. You will be providing review, interpretation, flow-down and implementation of all program requirements as well as providing thermal engineering support for multi-week Thermal Vacuum (TVAC) testing at the Denver, CO and Sunnyvale, CA LM facilities. You will work interactively with diverse engineering disciplines in a fast-paced environment to develop cost-effective solutions to thermal control requirements which also satisfy producibility objectives defined by Manufacturing and Quality groups.
- Professional work experience in some/all of the following: Thermophysics & Heat transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Aerodynamics, computer programming
- Familiarity with thermal analysis and software tools such as Thermal Desktop, SINDA, TSS
- Knowledge of requirements development and management
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Experience in mechanical engineering principals
- BS degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Physics, or related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3-5 years of professional experience
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- 3+ years experience with: thermophysics, heat transfer, aerodynamics, gas dynamics, propulsion, computational fluid dynamics, and computer programming.
- Experience using following software packages: CFD software (FLUENT, GASP, Pointwise, or other grid generation and CFD tools).
- Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Active Top Secret security clearance is preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.