Morningstar Corp. is looking for an experienced Senior Hardware Engineer to join our product development team. Morningstar Corporation builds reliable, world-class power conversion equipment for off-grid solar applications the world over. We are looking for engaged individuals who value ownership of work, welcome different perspectives and take pride in quality design. Morningstar is an engineering-centric company with a culture that promotes respect, curiosity, elegant design, and good work-life balance.
The Senior Hardware Engineer will collaborate with members of our engineering team on all phases of the product lifecycle including new product development and sustaining engineering. Primary responsibilities include analog and digital hardware design, schematic capture, layout, prototyping, and test. As a member of our senior team, there is an opportunity to drive product design and feature decisions with Product Management. This position reports to the Director of Engineering in our Jessup, MD Engineering Center.
- Design and develop hardware for new products. Take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware and provide leadership and guidance to junior design engineers.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Lead design reviews. Uphold hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Collaboration with other team members (hardware & software engineers and electronic technicians) to agree on system designs, interfaces, and protocols.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- BS, Electrical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of analog & digital electronic circuit design
- PCB layout expertise with consideration for EMI / high-speed signals / RF
- Basic C/C++ skills to assist with early hardware bring-up and test
- Management experience at team or department level
- Strong interpersonal skills - Ability to collaborate, communicate with and teach/mentor others
- Excellent Technical Writing Skills
- PMP certification and/or project management exposure
- Experience in Electronics Manufacturing or Power Electronics industry
- Lean Product Development exposure
- Interfacing with Agile software team
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture