Plans, organizes, directs and reports on all supplier quality-related activities. Translates engineering, manufacturing and quality requirements. Assures that customer quality-imposed technical requirements are adhered to by supplier and that a quality system is maintained. Conducts programs designed to improve supplier performance, productivity, and process validation. Prepares, maintains and reviews procurement quality assurance procedures to assure compliance with customer requirements. Reviews and analyzes corrective action reports, non-conforming reports and purchase orders in an effort to reduce and eliminate defects. Monitors quality control activities and systems at supplier and subcontractor facilities, and maintains feedback loops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Review First Article Inspection (FAI) reports from suppliers.
· Work cross functionally with EAI engineering, supply chain, quality organizations to ensure that the supplier understands and can comply with the technical, capacity, quality and FAA imposed requirements
· Review and direct the supplier’s manufacturing, engineering and quality teams to ensure the supplier’s product conforms to all of the requirements
· Direct the supplier in continuing performance improvement programs
· Evaluation and surveillance of supplier processes
· Coordination of quality requirements between EAI and suppliers.
· Monitor supplier-related nonconformities and noncompliances
· Resolve technical, manufacturing, quality issues with the supplier and coordinate such with the appropriate EAI organizations
· Require and enforce corrective action by suppliers
· Participate with the supplier in design for manufacturing reviews and represent supplier’s input within EAI to ensure optimal design for manufacturing solutions
· Perform Run at Rate, capacity analysis
· Perform First Article Inspection and ongoing product inspections
· Participate with Supply Chain in supplier contract review and contract administration for those areas regarding supplier quality
· Resolve supplier quality issues, working cross functionally as required
· Travel to supplier and sub-tier supplier locations as required
· Assist with the qualification and approval of new suppliers and maintain a list of approved suppliers
· Aerospace Quality Assurance experience, at least 5 years of which were in a Quality Engineering/Auditing capacity. Candidate should have experience in areas related to quality systems management, material review, corrective action, and project management.
· Experience using statistical inspection and auditing methods.
· Responsible for helping to develop the Supplier Quality Assurance program and to make sure the best suppliers are in place to drive the best quality products and practices.
· Knowledgeable in FAR part 21.33, 8110.4, 8120.2, 8100.7 requirements and orders
· Training and/or experience in team building and continuous improvement processes (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
· Engineering degree
· ASQ Certifications in the areas of Auditing, Quality Engineer, Quality Process
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place