We have served the Cedar Valley and surrounding area for 60 years. We are seeking a service and installation technician. Fire, burglar alarm installation and servicing experience is required. NICET certification is a plus, but will provide training.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Installing hard-wired and wireless alarm systems
- Test and verify that all systems and devices installed (alarm panels, sirens, horns, strobes, etc.) function properly and in accordance to manufacturer's specifications.
- Program or re-program alarm systems via programmer or keypad.
- Hook up specified panel mountings of devices such as motion detectors, keypads, and controls.
- Repair or replace parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical items including conduit and/or wiring.
- Installation, monitoring and support of hardware, software and communication links
- Analyze and resolve problems in a timely and accurate fashion
- Commercial/home security system, Commercial video system installations
- Familiar with hand & power tools
- High level of customer service and communication skills
- Able to lift minimum of 50 pounds
- Highly motivated, self-starter and organized
- Able to work overtime as needed.
** Competitive wages compatible with experience.
** Medical benefits for full-time employees, holiday pay, paid sick time
** Pre-employment background check and drug testing is required.
** Candidate must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.25 - $18.00 per hour
- alarm technician: 1 year (Required)
- service technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- fire alarm technician: 1 year (Required)
- Waterloo, IA 50701 (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- On call