We are a contractor for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, specializing in Traffic Signal Installations and 24/7 signal maintenance. Located in the Reading area, the company has over 30 years of stable history of revenue and profitability.
To help us grow, we are adding seasoned, hands-on, Electrical Maintenance Technician(s) to our team. The technicians are very important part of our company team. The day to day work includes
- Maintenance work for local townships, including traffic signal knockdowns, traffic power failures, signal upgrades, repairs, and new permit traffic installations.
- Many new traffic control devices are software controlled. Technicians often have to program devices to optimize performance
- The technicians can also work on new construction work which will be paid at Pennsylvania Prevailing Wage Rates. Typical job-site pay rates range from $40-$75 per hour.
- Traffic signal problems are typically considered "emergencies" by local townships, which trigger the need for 24/7 attendance. Such needs are rotated among technicians weekly
- We will seriously consider licensed electricians, or experienced 24/7 electrical maintenance technicians from electrical or electronics industries.
- Understanding PennDOT working process will be a plus
- Ideal candidate should have traffic signal experience; experience at PennDot, traffic engineering firms, or local township traffic signal work will all be relevant
- interest and technical work experience in fiber optics, electrical or electronic control systems will be pluses
- Familiarity and experience with commonly used construction and electrical equipment will be pluses
- Ability to maintains good relationships with working partners, including township customers, equipment vendors, and subcontractors that serve this market.
- Can work well with traffic engineers and traffic maintenance managers for townships in the Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Schuylkill, Carbon, and surrounding counties.
- Self-driven, results oriented, and detail oriented are common traits we look for
- Stable employment history a plus.
- The Technician(s) are expected to become a long-term partners for the company, and will have profit sharing opportunities.
Telco is a equal opportunity employer. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- traffic signal maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- 24/7 maintenance in electrical/electronics industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Qualified Electrician: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)