SMR is hiring a Senior Drafting Technician for our San Diego office located in Little Italy with beautiful views of the San Diego Bay.
Our structural engineering team includes civil / structural engineers licensed in 13 states. Available positions offer the opportunity to participate in challenging and unique projects in the design of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures.
We are looking for highly motivated senior structural drafting technician with extensive experince in Revit to overseea team of drafters. We are looking for an individual that thrives in a collaborative working environment that promotes professional growth and development with a goal of becoming a long-term team member of our established company.
Senior Drafting Technician with a minimum of 15 years of structural drafting experience in wood, masonry, steel, and concrete structures:
- Most of SMR's work. if not all is done in Revit. the individual needs to have extensive knowledge of Revit, to check, guide, teach and mentor other revit technicians that work on the model and need the help of the senior drafting Technician to catch their errors.
- A associate degree or higher is desirable in engineering or a related field is desirable.
- Be able to read and understand construction documents and specifications.
- Have a good knowledge of building construction methods, techniques and sequences as related to structural engineering and preparation of construction documents for wood, masonry, concrete and steel structures.
- Have the ability to prepare a set of construction documents/drawings in Revit by laying out the sheets and populating as many of the sheets as possible with little or no input from the engineer.
- Have a good knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, and MS Office Suites.
- Be able to learn to transfer files from engineering software such as RISA, RAM and ETABS into Revit and maintain data integrity.
- Be able to supervise others
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Paid vacation /sick time
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States*
Please reply to this ad with your letter of interest and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40.00 - $45.00 per hour
- structural drafting exp in wood, masonry, steel, & concrete: 3 years (Preferred)
- Structural Drafting: 3 years (Required)
- AutoCAD and Revit: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance