Work with business owners and data architects to define and develop reports that meet quality and performance requirements.
Gather data insights related to user behavior, product usage, audience segmentation, social media, quality of services, and media consumption to drive business decisions.
Working with predictive analysts and data scientists, build scalable prototypes of machine learning algorithms, build production quality codes, manage and maintain the code base
Work with product management and internal stakeholders to help dictate the requirements and technical design of Fandango data services and related intelligence tools.
Educate and train business owners on BI reports.
Develop, maintain, update and support reports and their underlying datasets based on feedback and business changes.
Develop and drive the adoption of self-service BI tools and solutions. See opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
Develop BI applications including transactional systems, mobile application development of BI products/services including Android, iOS, and/or cross platform.
Contribute to every phase of the BI product development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years of experience in the Business Intelligence realm, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, software development, techniques, and technologies OR Master’s Degree and minimum 1 year of experience
- Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
- Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
- A strong understanding of Data warehousing concepts.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases.
- Experience with BI reporting tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, SSRS, etc.).
- Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems (Hadoop/EMR, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one development language (Python, Scala, Java).
- Experience in data mining and developing ETL processes with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Willingness to dig into technical concepts/details related to the data platform.
- Proactive to improving reporting, analysis, and BI development processes.
- AWS certifications
- Naturally inquisitive and self-learner
- A team player
- Stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.