We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As the Federal Loans Specialist you will be responsible for implementing and refining procedures for compliance with Federal loans requirements for a $1.3-billion water supply program. You will ensure smooth functioning of two, interrelated Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act loans by being a technical, financial, and administration resource. Assignments will include serving as subject matter expert on loans compliance requirements, working with program staff and legal counsel to implement those requirements, maintaining compliance systems and records, and preparing compliance reports and Federal submittals. You will support efficient and effective program delivery by applying attention to detail, oral and written communication, collaboration, and organizational abilities to a varied array of compliance assurance activities. As the Federal Loans Specialist you will interface daily with leadership, multiple project teams, leaders and representatives of various functional areas, technical specialists, external design engineers and construction personnel, and others. The work environment is fast paced, collaborative, and dynamic. This position is at the Willamette Water Supply Program (WWSP) office located in Beaverton, Oregon. More information about the WWSP is available at www.ourreliablewater.org.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain a compliance assurance program to support compliance with the terms and conditions of two, interrelated Federal loans under the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act
- Manage and update a comprehensive inventory of loans requirements to enable program compliance and progress
- Communicate Federal loans requirements to interdisciplinary teams that may include design, construction, safety, permitting, land use, real estate acquisition, finance and controls, procurement, and public outreach personnel
- Assist teams to identify and address loans compliance requirements for each of the component projects that comprise the WWSP
- Assist program leadership to identify and address loans compliance requirements for program-wide activities and activities not associated with a specific component project
- Work with program procurement and contracts administrator to prepare solicitations, contracts, and contract amendments that comply with loans requirements
- Implement data acquisition and tracking of required government approvals, property acquisition, insurance requirements, equal employment opportunity and civil rights, labor wages and payroll, construction materials origins and relevant waivers, debarment checks, contracts tracking, disadvantaged business engagement, potential litigation, public benefits evaluations, and other requirements
- Confirm contractors’ and subcontractors’ adherence to requirements associated with the loans
- Work with program controls and accounting staff to maintain program accounting information in compliance with the loans
- Collect and manage compliance documentation and maintain an appropriate records management approach using the WWSP Project Information Management System
- Prepare reports, documentation, notifications, eligible costs verification, and requisitions
- Participate in development of loans-related plans and information to enable the program to transition from construction into long-term operation
- Support periodic audits of the loans compliance program
- Work as part of an integrated consultant-client team
- Any other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Commitment to work in a safe manner and ensure the safety of others by following established health and safety guidelines and policies
- Proven ability to function with limited supervision while handling multiple and shifting priorities
- Able to excel as an individual contributor and team member
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Skilled in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
Education and Experience
BS or BA in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, supply chain management, or a related discipline
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience that includes:
Public finance and experience in federal loan administration and management
Federal loan processes and requirements
Cash flow forecasting, budget, and financial analysis skills
Accounting and finance theory, principles, and practices
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job Type: Full-time
- public finance, federal loan, cash flow, and accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement