XOS a part of Danaher is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers, offering elemental analysis solutions that improve public safety and customer efficiency in industries like petroleum, consumer products, and environmental compliance. For petroleum applications, XOS offers portable, lab, and process analyzers with unrivalled precision at the push of a button. XOS also offers High Definition XRF (HDXRF®) analyzers for the detection of toxic elements in consumer products, such as toys and apparel and areas of environmental regulation, like soil and water. XOS’s advanced optics and OEM sub-systems can increase precision, speed, and spatial resolution, while decreasing the size, complexity, and cost of the instrument. XOS: Better Analysis Counts.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with a Doer attitude to join XOS in our open R&D Project Manager role. In this role you will be responsible for delivery of new product development (NPD) and value engineering projects by leading project teams of engineers, scientists, and developers in crafting the next generation of X-ray analyzers at XOS. This role will lead the project teams through efficient project definition, successful project planning and execution to fulfill the overall project targets and on time delivery. Project success is measured on cost, schedule, and product performance. The candidate should share our passion for innovation and our commitment to building extraordinary products for our customers.
- Lead planning and implementation of product development projects
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Assemble and coordinate project staff as well as define project scope and goals
- Achievements of tollgate development process
- Ensure alignment to project budget, schedule, and performance requirements
- Track project risks and lead implementation of mitigating actions
- Set up agreements with key project vendors
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Actively control status of all project targets and handles project risk during execution of all project stages
- Report progress to project team and leadership.
- Focused and results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Well-developed time management and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude, with a desire to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to guide project team through challenges, reach consensus, and push forward
- Able to engage, influence, and direct all functions within a product development project
- Ability to handle resources, priorities, budgets and schedules for on time delivery of quality products
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills along with, the ability to report project status across all levels of management
- Work in a matrix environment and understand what is required to successfully drive a project to completion.
- Minimum 3 years working in a structured product development environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a multi-functional leader
- Outstanding project management skills and experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, handling complex projects and cross-functional teams while driving the process to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent track record related to project delivery
- Experience and knowledge in product design and development (mechanical/electrical)
- Certificate in Project Management
- Commercial acumen (marketing, product management, sales)
- Experience with X-Ray’s, high voltage and advanced analytical equipment
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and Practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline required. A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
- 5% for supplier visits and training
- VP, R&D
- Engineering Manager
- Director, Software Development
- Product Managers
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. With more than 20 operating companies we are a globally diverse team of 59,0000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
X-Ray Optical Systems, Inc. takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation or gender identity.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance