As an integral leader of the Development Team, the Applications Development Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Programmers, and Systems SMEs, to modernize and maintaining business critical applications. The position will work on-site in our Support Office, collaborating with different business functions to assist in prioritizing application development, integrations, and architecture design in support of Premier’s unique customized solutions for our customers.
- Lead and mentor a team of programmers in development and maintenance of application programming including MS.NET, C# and VB.Net. Support and guide their programing using MySQL and MS SQL Server.
- Lead and mentor system SMEs, managing coordination of resources for projects and maintenance of systems.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks, while ensuring team is actively working towards established milestones.
- Conduct regular, clear communications with team to ensure alignment and priorities. Communicate to determine progress and address any questions or challenges as well as define clear deliverable, roles and responsibilities required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Manage applications projects and integrations in support of a build/run approach, such as the modernization of the of the existing proprietary shop floor application, working with existing staff and outside consultants.
- As the technology platform integrates several heterogenous applications to accomplish different outcomes, this position must ensure the application development methodology incorporates change management to allow these integrations can be successful.
- Create architecture design such as APIs and data flow in collaboration with peers inside and outside IT to translate client and technical requirements into architectural frameworks and designs.
- Oversee documentation of resources, such as user guides for systems and application development for developers and users; also, to be used for training purposes.
- Serve as applications development expert and adviser to leadership, providing programming perspective on software requirements.
- Act as Project Stakeholder on various Development projects with PMO.
- Responsible for integration, migration, and support of back-end applications.
- Creates solutions and timelines for the systems to support the processes and client requirements.
- Oversee data migration and testing of transaction data from one core system to another.
- Ensure there is sufficient awareness of Governance and cyber security needs with all application development, including DOD / DFARS requirements.
- Manage 3rd party Consultants for EDI Applications and Mapping to work with internal custom developed EDI system.
- Support Vendor Management of additional 3rd party IT Consultants and Vendors for legacy systems as well as off the shelf systems such as EDI, Warehouse Management Systems, ERP and HRIS.
- Collaborate with all functions of IT and Premier business units, to support internal and external clients and company objectives.
Skills and Specifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science (or similar subject matter)
- 5+ years Leading a team of developers
- 5+ years hands on Software Development and Coding
- Proven leadership ability to engage, motivate and promote agile collaborative teams
- Proven experience playing a lead role in Development Projects, partnering with PMO. PM exp a plus
- Strong knowledge of C#, VB.Net, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of API Mapping and EDI applications, such as Mapforce, Dell Boomi, etc.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems, such as Red Prairie, Manhattan, Microsoft Dynamics
- Awareness of governance and cyber security needs for application development.
- US Citizenship may be required to access server designated for DOD / DFARS compliance
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports is a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A strong understanding of Client/Server Architecture, Distributed Applications, and Cloud Computing where applicable
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Able to logically think through issues in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to forecast, plan and meet realistic deadlines
- Ability to communicate about technical issues in non-technical terms
- Strong applications and coding troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
Physical Requirements, with or without accommodation:
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work in office setting viewing screens for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
As the global COVID-19 pandemic continues all employees and guest are required to wear masks upon entering our building. We are conducting temperature checks and ask that social distancing be practiced where feasible.
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply