Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaption of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Ability to devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and TF Warren standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by chief engineer. May be assigned responsibility for schematic or conceptual layouts when qualified.
- Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
- Research design options and document findings for project lead engineer.
- Review shop drawings.
- Assume the lead engineer's role on assigned projects.
- Direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment.
- Work with other professional engineers to design products within AWWA, D103-09, NFPA-22, and Factory Mutual requirements, IBC-2007.
Share in our Core Values
Our core values are the cornerstone on which we build our business, a belief that doesn’t change. They are the driving force behind our mission. These core values define our company’s culture and provide guidance for all of our daily business decisions. The values that we believe make our company great are:
- Safety is always our highest priority.
- Employees are our greatest strength.
- Committed to customer satisfaction.
- Act with integrity.
- Strive for excellence.
- Deliver positive results.
- Perform with a sense of urgency.
- Be socially and environmentally responsible.
- Lead by example.
- Train for improvement.
- Innovate for better solutions.
- Never give up.
· Problem Solving/ Analysis
· Structural and/or equivalent finite element analysis software
· Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
Education and/or Experience:
· Associates degree in design drafting
· 3-5 years of related experience
· Proficient in SolidWorks
· Licensed professional engineer highly desired
Required Travel: Limited
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location