PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER THAT ADDRESSES THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS AND HIGHLY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
Spear Power Systems manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries for defense, marine, mining and renewable energy applications. We deliver value to our customers by designing, manufacturing and integrating high power, high voltage battery systems deployed in challenging environments. Our team members are creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial partners in our success.
Spear is seeking an energetic, team player to support our Engineering and Production team. The ideal candidate is a seasoned Draftsman who seeks to expand their capabilities by assisting with engineering concepts and prototypes.
Draftsman works within a product design and manufacturing environment and is a member of the Directorate of Operations/Operations Support Team, providing support to Engineering, Program Management, Purchasing, Quality Management and Production. Ideal candidate has draftsman experience and can execute drawings/drawing changes in SolidWorks.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Identify standards and best practices.
- Work closely with engineers and project managers to resolve issues uncovered during design or production.
- Assist with conceptualization of design; output may be to support proposal process or engineer. Skills will require knowledge of engineering concepts for electrical and mechanical application.
- Updating, finalization and management of drawings initiated by Engineers and/or redlined by Production personnel
- Enter and update technical information as provided by the Engineering and Production teams
- Assist Engineering, Manufacturing and Purchasing with the generation of part numbers, change orders, and creation of required product documents
- Redline review and publication
- Create/update/finalize documentation and control changes
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with change and shifting of priorities
- 2-4 years’ experience in drafting in a manufacturing environment
- Draftsman skills and expertise in SolidWorks or similar drawing tools
- Knowledge of product design and assembly of bills of materials (BOM) and dependencies
- Must be able to work successfully in a cross-functional manner to support Operations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of business decisions, and the change environment as it relates to documentation.
- Ability to create routine reports, presentation and correspondence
- Experience working with manufacturing documentation
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Able to work in manufacturing environment.
- Position requires frequent communication and walking to other locations within the organization
- Position will require sitting and extended periods of standing
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence required to support government contracts.
Location – this position is located at Spear’s office in Grandview, Missouri. Spear will not be offering relocation allowances. Spear offers challenging work, an excellent work environment and great benefits.
Travel – local travel will be required.
Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Spear offers challenging work, an excellent work environment and great benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- drafting in manufacturing -engineering environment: 2 years (Required)
- Drafting: 3 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Required)
- SolidWorks: 2 years (Preferred)