Engineering Associates (EA) is a full-service civil engineering consulting firm in business for over 60 years. We offer a full range of civil engineering design services for our clients ranging from municipal street projects, water and wastewater lines and treatment plants, ODOT projects large and small, right of way plans, structural design, etc. We provide solutions for our clients many and various challenges while providing challenging growth opportunities for our staff. We value the loyalty of our clients and staff. Many of our clients have been clients since our founding in 1957. We have a staff of approximately 30 at our Wooster, Ohio office. We serve clients across Ohio with specific emphasis in northeast Ohio. The Wooster area offers many unique living opportunities and is located within a short drive to Cleveland or Columbus. We offer competitive salaries and a benefit package which includes health insurance, vacation, 401(K) with company match, along with other benefits.
EA is seeking a qualified Bridge/Structural Design Engineer to supplement our existing staff. This candidate will be responsible for leading the development of bridge and structural design plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of projects to meet the requirements of our clients.
These projects may include performing engineering/design calculations from project inception to completion, developing structural plans, using structural design software, performing bridge load ratings, bridge inspections, proposal preparation, cost estimates, interfacing with clients to determine specific structural requirements and occasional inspection of client facilities. You will be challenged and grow with a broad variety of projects and clients. Projects include ODOT bridges, water and wastewater treatment building and concrete tank design, structural evaluations of manufacturing facilities/projects.
You will supervise the preparation of project plans by CAD operators and prepare CAD plans. You will collaborate with other project designers to cohesively coordinate structural project details with other aspects of the project.
Project management responsibilities include supervision of CAD staff, managing project scope, budget, and schedule, preparation of fee proposals, attend project meetings, interface with clients, and all structural requirements for our clients.
This position is mainly an office position with occasional travel.
- Ohio Professional Engineers License.
- ODOT Level II Bridge Design Prequalification.
- Experience with ODOT Bridge Design Manual and AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification.
- Minimum of 7 years of bridge/structural design experience.
- Computer Skills: MicroStation and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, bridge design software
- Experience using structural design analysis software: AASHTOWare BrR, Merlin DASH, LEAP.
- ODOT Level I Bridge Inspection.
- Experience analyzing and designing concrete tankage.
- Experience analyzing and designing single-story buildings.
- Experience with Ohio Building Code.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 6 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Paid time off