Since being established in 2008, Jankel Tactical Systems (JTS) has been known for an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction. The Jankel group of companies are most widely known for their expertise in military and law enforcement vehicles, to include purpose built sub-systems and occupant protection solutions.
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer for our Duncan, SC facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for technical and project lead in the development, application and integration of products for use in tactical vehicles and/or armor systems for those programs assigned, including customer liaison and relevant commercial support activities, in order to win timely, appropriate and profitable orders coherent with the JTS Business Plan.
- Lead the design, development, application, testing, and integration of JTS products, including vehicle occupant seating, mechanical systems, armor solutions, vehicle dynamics, molded components, etc., as dictated by JTS customer requirements.
- Effectively route Engineering projects through the entire product design cycle: requirements analysis, market analysis, concept development, CAD development, design review, DFMEA, prototype build, test/evaluation, production-ready build, data management, and change management.
- Practice current JTS Engineering Standards for design, data management, design best practices, engineering changes, etc.
- Maintain accurate Bills of Materials for designs, in CAD (SolidWorks), PDM Software (EPDM), and ERP System (Syteline).
- Adhere to current JTS Quality Control Policies.
- Assist in the physical build of prototype and production products (this position will require some time on the production floor and will not be a 100% desk job).
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university and 5-8 years of experience in a mechanical design role in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be eligible for US Security Clearance (SECRET at minimum). Current clearance preferred.
- Relevant experience in Human Factors Engineering, specifically pertaining to occupant seat systems, restraints, ergonomics, packaging, and testing.
- Military/Government contracting experience preferred.
- Basic Finite Element Analysis experience a plus.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in The US.
- Communication will be critical for the success of this position. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal communication skills and strive to improve communication throughout the JTS team, as well as with other Jankel facilities
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time