Job: SolidWorks Design Engineer
Company: Western Truck Fab
Location: Hayward, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Western Truck Fab is a manufacturing company of custom truck bodies and equipment located in Hayward, CA. We design and build custom truck bodies for municipalities and construction firms. We specialize in one-off truck body design and have the ability to produce a complete unit in-house.
The Design Engineer position requires a consistently detailed person who is a CAD expert in SolidWorks to provide accurate production drawings and supporting documentation to manufacture custom truck bodies. The candidate will require sheet metal design skills, working with 18 gauge through 10 gauge materials. These materials will be formed into Service Bodies. Some additional components to the Service Body design can be pull-out drawer units, material racks, hydraulics to run cranes and air compressors, 12 VDC wiring, structural component mounts. Engineer will work with shop leads during the build of the bodies, from fabrication through CNC turret punches, CNC plasma table, CNC press brakes and assembly of body components.
- Producing 3D CAD designs of highly-customized truck bodies to customer specifications from concept through completion.
- Expanding development of in-house built truck bodies, such as service bodies and flatbeds.
- Participate in assembly or fabrication of prototypes.
The position reports to the company President and will work on a team including other CAD Designers, Shop Supervisor, and Foreman.
- At least 2 years of experience with SolidWorks.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in truck body design or related field, preferred.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to employ problem-solving skills.
- Team player who can get along with strong personality types.
- Good communication skills; bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to read detailed diagrams.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
Full time position including benefits, salary DOE.
Please email your resume with salary requirements.
, 2 PDF's of designs, and salary requirements along with your answers to these three questions:
1. What are your 3 strongest attributes?
2. Why are you suited to this position?
3. What is your biggest success?
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 1 year (Required)