- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
- 2+ years’ experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
- 1+ year of experience specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools
- Experience in any of the following: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices. AWS IoT can support billions of devices and trillions of messages, and can process and route those messages to AWS endpoints and to other devices reliably and securely. Our services support millions of devices across a wide range of technologies and industries.
We are looking for Systems Engineers to work as a team that will deploy AWS IoT services to air-gapped regions and support government customers operating in those regions. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become an expert at platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep and understand all layers of a web services technology stack
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age