Flex Systems is a leading provider of mail and print solutions. Founded in 1993 in the Netherlands, Flex
Systems is dedicated to providing comprehensive solutions that meet the demanding requirements of
companies producing or processing mail using any type of database, printer or inserter. Flex Systems
develops software to manage mailing lists, design and print mail, and process documents. Flex Systems'
also offers a complete line of inkjet printing products.
Our company is growing - we are now looking to expand our team in Columbia, SC. The professional
staff in the United States is responsible for the sales of our software products and inkjet equipment in
North and South America through our dealer network. From there they also support our dealers and end
users in using our products.
As a Field Service Engineer, you install and service Flex Systems inkjet equipment, vision systems and
software throughout the United States. The ideal candidate will have related mechanical experience with
equipment similar to mailing equipment, inserters, printers and copiers. You have mechanical, electrical
and software skills, and have the ability to foster strong customer relationships. Overtime and schedule
flexibility is required.
- Assembly and on-site installation of inkjet equipment and vision systems.
- Training of dealers and end-users in the use of the products.
- Take the "lead" by providing timely and effective resolutions to problems.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems to resolution.
- Field experience installing, trouble-shooting and servicing complex mechanical equipment.
- Experience working on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Computer and software skills.
- Understanding of software and hardware interfacing.
- Independent, creative, self-starter.
- A valid driver's license.
- Flexible hours and schedule.
What we offer
- A small and flexible work environment with a flat organizational structure.
- Informal work environment.
- Competitive hourly rate.